Volume : VII, Issue : VII, July - 2018

Treatment of molluscum contagiosum in paediatric patients with cryotherapy (liquid nitrogen)

Dr. Anugrah A Parikh, Dr. Rashmi Arora, Dr. Yash Dhamecha, Dr. Rishi Patel

Abstract :

Objective –To study the therapeutric efficiency of liquid nitrogen (Liq N2) in the treatment ofmolluscum contagiousum (mc) in padeatric patients.

Material and methods –  50 Pediatric patients with mc were treated with topical LiqN2 application once a week up to 16 weeks.

Results –  88% of the patients of MC were cured in 12 weeks time. Remaining 12% of the patients also responded with the treatment up to 16 weeks.

Conclusion –In pediatric patients of MC, LiqN2 application can be used as modality of treatment. It needs weekly repetition. In some children it causes burning and stinging ; and is inconvenient

Article: Download PDF    DOI : https://www.doi.org/10.36106/paripex  

Cite This Article:

Dr. Anugrah A Parikh, Dr. Rashmi Arora, Dr. Yash Dhamecha, Dr. Rishi Patel, Treatment of molluscum contagiosum in paediatric patients with cryotherapy (liquid nitrogen), PARIPEX‾INDIAN JOURNAL OF RESEARCH : Volume-7 | Issue-7 | July-2018


Number of Downloads : 243


References :